Wednesday 13 January 2010

Narrative


Music Lyrics:

If I am silent then I am not real

If I speak up then no one will hear

If I wear a mask there's somewhere to hide

Silence is golden

I have been broken

Safe in my own skin

So nobody wins

If I raise my voice

Will someone get hurt?

And if I can't feel then I won't get touched

If no truths are spoken then no lies can hide

Silence is golden

I have been broken

Safe in my own skin

So nobody wins

Did you hear me speak

Do you understand

Did you hear my voice

Will you hold my hand

Do you understand me

Won't someone listen

Nobody gets in

My body's a temple

But nothing is simple

Silence is golden

I have been broken

Something was stolen

Safe in my own skin

Our Ideas:

For the intro that we have edited down to 8 seconds we were thinking we would have a close up of the lead singer in the video's feet walking into a crowded club or party. We thought this would be good to have the steps keeping in beat with the music to keep the tempo in time.
For the first verse which is a lot slower than the intro we want to change the mood and atmosphere of the video to match the music. To do this we thought about doing a close up of the lead singer blinking and when she opens her eyes again the crowd has disappeared giving her some peace and silence that the song is essentially about. Although the crowd has disappeared we want the surroundings to stay the same.
For the first chorus we want the crowd to come in for the heavy music and have the band playing in amongst

them with close ups of them playing their instruments and panning around in time for the music interlude where the crowd and disappearing and re-appearing with the band moving around.
For the second verse we want to change the surrounding to a different part of the party and have the singer trying to touch people and they freeze which of coarse results in silence.
For the second chorus we want to follow some more of the conventional music videos types and just have a range of close ups and wide shots of the band playing to the chorus.
In the song about half way through the music gets a lot more intense and for this we want the singer in a mosh pit getting knocked around and looking very uncomfortable in the close proximity.
One of our ne

xt ideas is to have a reverse of some of the previous action giving the singer some space again which leads into the next part of the video.
When the intense music starts again which we have edited down we want her to walk towards the stage and as she goes the crowd gets close and closer until she emerges on the stage alone and with the crowd gone to whisper the final line "silence is golden"

CD track Time line:



No response to “Narrative”

Leave a reply

 
© 2009 GROUP 49 - Music Video 2008/9. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz